Monday, September 6, 2010

Liberty Park + Pioneer Park

Our first outing was a trip to Liberty Park and the Tracy Aviary with Ben's parents and his sister Liz and her little girl Lily. The Aviary was filled with a huge variety of really beautiful birds. The girls loved running around checking out all of the exhibits. Amelia even volunteered to help out during the bird show.

We followed up with a picnic in Liberty Park and the kids had fun playing in the water (a replica of the seven canyons).

Thursday night Ben and I were able to go out (sans kids) and met up with Ben's brother Matt and his wife Amanda downtown and had a yummy dinner at Canella's. Then we met my brother Dan and his wife Rachel (and little James) at Pioneer Park for the final Twilight Concert...She & Him. It was soooo crowded (with the craziest assortment of people...a result of it being free) and we mostly just hung out on a blanket in the back. Ben and I ventured up into the crowd to get a closer look for a few songs. It was a good concert, but my pregnant self was happy to enjoy much of it from a seated position.









1 comment:

  1. So fun that you got to see She and Him, Sarah! Pete and I love them. I was just catching up on my blog reading after what feels like a month away from the computer and after looking at your gorgeous Utah pictures, I want to go there on our next vacation! You all look great--and pregnancy suits you. Hope you are feeling good. Congrats to Amelia on kindergarten. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...