Thursday, October 20, 2011

nocturnal observations.

After settling into our bungalows, our guide took us on a night hike. Having recently confirmed the existence of jaguars in the jungle, a walk through the complete darkness seemed like an excellent idea. It was actually really cool to head into the jungle with our flashlights and search for interesting bugs and other creepy crawly things that only come out at night. We found some really cool bugs and spiders, heard some strange noises, and Juan Carlos teased a gigantic (bigger than my hand) tarantula out of its hole.

I also confirmed that there are more mosquitoes in my backyard than there are in the Amazon Rainforest.

(My night photos aren't the greatest and I don't remember what most of these things were...)







the gigantic tarantula.

walking sticks.

The food at the lodge was so good. This chicken was steamed inside bamboo.

Our cozy mosquito net beds.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sarah!! I love all the pics on both posts. What an gorgeous part of the earth. Would love to go there someday. And what a fun trip with your family!!

    Can't wait to see more pics:) Have fun editing them down:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wilderness and holy BUGS. I would have died but happily.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...