Monday, July 30, 2012

date night: green pig bistro + artisphere

Last week we decided to try the new Green Pig Bistro in Arlington based on recommendations from friends. It was a really fun restaurant with great interior design elements. The menu had some fun choices and the food was yummy.


The homemade sodas were delicious. I tried orange and vanilla cream and Ben had blackberry.

I loved this salad. Tomato (a few different kinds), watermelon, goat cheese, and basil. Such a great flavor combination and perfect summer salad.

The cornbread was so yummy and served with maple butter. I want to infuse all of my butter with maple now.

We tried the pork tacos with avocado for an appetizer. The restaurant specializes in pork and the tacos were really delicious.

I could have ended my meal there and been fine. But we had to try one of the main courses. Since it was their specialty, we ordered the pork shank, grits, and greens. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the grits and collard greens.


I was really excited to try one of their desserts and went with the doughnut, served with peanut butter ice cream and chocolate. Unfortunately the doughnut was dry and didn't really resemble a doughnut. But the ice cream and chocolate were yummy.

Just as we finished our meal, a huge storm came through. We tried to wait it out but it wasn't letting up so Ben ran to the car and then picked me up. We made our way to Artisphere but only had a few minutes to wander before they shut down for the night. It's a really cool art space in Rosslyn that has galleries, performance venues, art classes, and all kinds of special events.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...