Saturday, April 4, 2009

An April photo frenzy means only one thing...CHERRY BLOSSOMS!



This was our fifth year enjoying the cherry blossoms in DC and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. The change from winter to the green of spring and summer is so dramatic and refreshing. We met Ben downtown after work and enjoyed a picnic with our friends the Horners. We ate in the gardens behind the Smithsonian Castle and the flowers around there were amazing. They have the most spectacular magnolia trees that were in full bloom. It turned out to be a beautiful evening for a stroll around the Tidal Basin to enjoy the cherry trees.


Amelia and Kaylee on the metro.
































Amelia takes a rest at the top of the Jefferson Memorial.

4 comments:

  1. That was such an awesome night to go. We had a blast. I love the magnolias-wish we would have known about the castle-we got off at Smithsonian so were so close. Next year definitely!

    What kind of camera do you have? Your pictures are always so awesome. So vibrant..love em on every post. I am in the market for a new camera, so was curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shots of the girls amongst the magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! I think we need to plan a trip back there in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, next year for sure I'm coming in April.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...