Tuesday, April 14, 2009

White House Easter Egg Roll

We were lucky enough to get tickets (thanks Mom) to attend the White House Easter Egg Roll yesterday. It was a crazy frenzy of parents and strollers and tired kids and waiting in lines. It was fun to hang out on the lawn of the White House though and take part in the historic tradition. And one day Elsa can tell all of her friends that she had her diaper changed on the White House lawn.


Waiting with the masses.


We finally made it onto the lawn. But so did 6,000 other people.




Ben cheering on Amelia during the Egg Roll.


Amelia was really into the Easter Egg Roll and was very determined to cross the finish line.




James Cromwell (aka Farmer Hoggett from Babe) reads "Goodnight Moon"


Listening to Ziggy Marley. Thankfully we missed Fergie's performance earlier in the day.


Amelia was so excited to see all of her "friends" from her favorite PBS shows. She admired from a distance though. I don't blame her...Sid the Science Kid's big head was a little frightening in person.


The shameful smurf.


Elsa's first smurf encounter.


Although Amelia didn't want to approach WordGirl, she kept talking about her all day.

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I'm jealous....we tried all day to get tickets online a couple weeks ago. We almost got them and then got booted out of the system. I'm glad you guys could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you could go-it turned out to be a nice day, and you were probably the only reason I didn't pray and fast for rain:) Man, I remembe the lines for everything. I don't think I would have missed Fergie either.

    My kids would have been thrilled to see Sid and all the other PBS characters-it was their favorite part last year. I need to find out if they make any other appearances during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Amelia on the oversized character bit...and, honestly, I think Sid the Science Kid is slightly frightening even on TV.
    Why no pictures of the White House lawn diaper change?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, c'mon...you didn't want to see Fergie? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...