Friday, April 17, 2009

Camel returns. Or rather, A camel returns...

A lovely lady (known as Ebay) returned Amelia's camel, albeit a cleaner, newer camel. We tried to prepare Amelia by telling her that perhaps someone nice would find camel and fix her up a bit, maybe give her a new eye and a new tag.

Upon opening the package in the mail today...
Amelia's first response: CAMEL!!
Her second response: Camel has a lot of hair.
Her third response: This camel has a new tag.
Her last response: This is NOT my camel (followed by the saddest face I have ever seen).

I admitted that this was not her camel and we were not going to find it, but tried to emphasize the new camel's assets...so fluffy, a new tag to rub, and two eyes! She named the new camel Clara Stan and took her to bed with her for her afternoon nap.

This camel will not leave the house. Okay. Probably not.


Amelia examines the returned camel's tag.


Realizing this was not her camel.
(I swear I comforted her right after I took this picture. It should be noted that I had the camera ready to go to capture a happy reunion, which didn't happen.)

6 comments:

  1. that is the saddest thing i've ever seen. it's bringing a tear to my eye at work. i hope amelia learns to love the new camel as much as the old. i look forward to hearing about their blossoming relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you really captured the moment of bitter truth striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best to teach 'em early that life's tough. Haha. Just kidding. That is such a sad face!! BUT... Her skirt is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever read the book "Tatty Ratty?" You should try to find it at the library... You'd appreciate it right now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so cute and so sad. I have picture like that too and Andrew's always saying, stop taking pictures and comfort her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember her camel, and I have had kids go through losing a favorite- it's never easy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...