
Before:
After:
After patiently searching Craigslist, I found this great dresser from the 1950s that only required a little bit of touch-up.
I found this great couch for the "reading corner" and then painted it purple. I was so excited when I found these old pillow cases in our attic that were green and purple. They didn't quite cover the couch, so I added in some extra purple fabric and made a slip cover for the couch. My mom ingeniously figured out how to fit it perfectly to the couch.
I designed a toddler bed and Ben did an amazing job building it. After a little trial and error, he pulled it off and it is one sturdy bed. He has definitely proven himself to be quite the handy man. He single-handedly built a fence for our backyard, including two gates, and he put in a perfect paver patio in our backyard, among many other projects around the house. Since he handled the building of a bed quite well, we designed a book case for the room that matched the bed and he built that too. (Notice the fabulous wall art courtesy of Emily Martin at the Black Apple.)
I made a toddler bed size duvet and my mom sewed a great duvet cover for it. She also made a pillow and a pillow case for the bed.
Amelia loves her little coloring station. The pots hold all of her crayons and art supplies.
You guys are amazing! Amelia is one lucky girl to have such a cool room.
ReplyDeleteOkay, are you serious?? That is amazing!! I cannot believe how cute that is, you are SO talented!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that room is incredible! I love the furniture, way to go with the building and refinishing. Sarah, you certainly have an eye for color and design.
ReplyDeletePretty amazing!!! You should apply for Design Star.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! You are ridiculous! And by ridiculous I mean insanely talented. Please don't ever visit my house. Unless you are coming to help me . . . .
ReplyDeleteOk Sarah and Ben....what in the world are you NOT doing on Extreme Makeover Home Edition becoming totally rich? You could both give Ty Pennington a run for his money. Really-you are amazing and I would love one ounce of you creativity!! You could open your own design company!! I'd be your first customer!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented. And your girls are beautiful!!!!
Kami
Sarah, I am incredibly impressed with this makeover. You need to be on HGTV or TLC or something.
ReplyDeleteAll I can do is echo everyone else: You are amazing! Love it!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, wow. Will you come do some work to my house?! You are so talented! And your girls are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOkay for some reason I haven't ever been able to leave comments and suddenly tonight, I can! So, I have loved reading your blog. I love hearing about all the cool things you get to experience. I love Amelia's room. Now I want to see the rest of your house! Serious. Post more pix.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the cutie pie, Elsa. You have a great little family. Hope to see you in a few months.
i never knew that color of green could look so good! the rooms is awesome. i want to live there.
ReplyDeleteDitto to all the above comments. Will you come decorate my home?
ReplyDelete