Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Squirrel of Our Discontent

This is my arch nemesis:


He has taken up residence in our yard for several months now. He is frequently found in my flower beds, eating up all my flowers or digging holes in the dirt and making a huge mess. He is unusually fat and yes, he is missing his tail. I have a theory about this squirrel. I believe he was raised by bunnies and in an effort to fit in, he chewed off his own tail. He hops like a bunny and destroys plants like a bunny. We think he may be taking orders from this guy, who is also a permanent fixture in our yard:

6 comments:

  1. Maybe you should invest in the Scarecrow Sprinkler! http://www.safepetproducts.com/pilot.asp?pg=scarecrow_main&gclid=CMj68rWNrJQCFQGbnAodw3XdBA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I don't have a garden to terrorize, I can relate because we have crows or ravens that antagonize our dogs & wake Porter up at very inopportune times. Dirty varmints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abe had a neighbor in McLean who had a squirrel problem. He didn't want to shoot the squirrel so he captured him and drove him far, far away. But shortly thereafter, a squirrel appeared on him premises. He swore it was the same squirrel, so he captured it, spray painted its tail green, and drove it away again. Sure enough, a green-tailed squirrel showed up a few days later.

    Perhaps this is the same squirrel - discarded of his green identity marker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The key to getting rid of pests is to incorporate them into your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for fabric shop website. I checked out your apron and it is darling. I can't wait to see it. If you are interested in any patterns i have I can make copies from paper bags and photocopy the instructions and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...