Friday, February 24, 2012

a baltimore adventure.

A few Fridays ago we loaded my friend Jessica and her three kids into our van and headed to Baltimore for some fun! (I let Amelia skip school so she wouldn't miss out on the fun.) We spent the entire afternoon at the children's museum (Port Discovery). We were lucky enough to have most of the museum to ourselves and the kids were in heaven running from exhibit to exhibit. A big highlight was the massive 3-story play structure in the middle. I had intended to use a groupon I purchased but it turns out it wasn't valid on Fridays. Of course. So we may have to go back next month before it expires. I don't think the kids will object.

Ben was working at Johns Hopkins that day so he met us for dinner at Panera and then we walked to the Baltimore Aquarium. On Fridays after 5 in the winter admission is only $8. (Normally the admission is crazy expensive and not worth it. You can also get the $8 deal at the Science Center which is super cool.) My favorite part was the jellyfish exhibit. Somehow the kids found more energy to explore the aquarium although they weren't super excited about walking back to the car at the end of the night.

Amelia requested a fancy hairdo that morning.

And Elsa got a much needed trimming of her bangs.









Oliver LOVED the water tables. His main goal at home is to get into the toilet, so this was close.

A debate about who dares to go first, perhaps?



Elsa was mad because she wanted to skip dinner at go straight to the aquarium.





3 comments:

  1. Kristi and I were going to go a couple months ago, but S got sick. Now, I really want to go! If you ever see a groupon for them...share the love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain Soren was trying to convince Asher that it wouldn't be scary to climb up the rope tunnel. I still marvel at our endurance! Asher and Soren keep asking to go back to the children's museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but when I check your blog, all I really notice is the amazingly cool and eclectic wardrobe your girls have!! Give me some of that style, baby! Then I wonder, do they dress themselves? If so, they are so coooooool. If you do all the picking out of outfits, will you be my wardrobe designer too? Its fun to catch up on your life. Take care cousin! brenda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...