Tuesday, October 30, 2012

playing possum.

The other day I stepped outside to throw something in the garbage and was shocked (understatement) to see some creature staring back at me. I ran back inside so quickly that I wasn't even sure what it was. I sent Ben to check out the situation (the kids followed close behind). It was a dead possum. Or was it dead? It honestly looked like it was playing dead with his tongue sticking out and his eyes wide open.

Oliver immediately ran to it and nearly poked him in the eye but I think my screams stopped him just in time. Ben had quite an audience as he shoveled the thing up (I was still sure it was going to pop up and run away) and put him in the garbage.

I always check for possums (or other rodents of unusual size) when I take the garbage out now.


Let's all gather 'round the dead possum.

1 comment:

  1. I would have had the same reaction! It looks like the possum on that commercial where the kids were wanting a dog and their dad got them a possum instead. Ya, it's going to jump up and hiss any moment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...