Thursday, June 6, 2013

Elsa turns 5!

A few weeks before Elsa's birthday, she indicated that she was anticipating a party like last year. Ummmm. No. As much as I would have loved to plan another big party, there was no way I could do it with the demands of a new baby. (As a side note, I had no idea the camping theme was so popular. The blog post from her camping party last year has had thousands of hits. Everyday I get visitors to my blog that find it from Google searches for "camping birthday party" or from photos people have pinned on Pinterest. Same with Amelia's fairy party. Crazy.)

I think we made up for it with lots of small celebrations. She and Amelia got to have a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's place and they celebrated her birthday there. Ben was going to be out of town on her actual birthday, so we celebrated as a family a few days early:






She requested this delicious creme fraiche chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache that I've made before. (Recipe found here.) She also wanted whipped cream and raspberries on top. Done. I may not have time to plan a big party, but I always have time for baking!




On her actual birthday, Elsa woke up and the first thing she said was "I'm a little bit taller."

She got to bring cupcakes to preschool on her birthday and I was able to come and watch her present the "share bag" (show-and-tell). She opened more gifts from family that night and loved getting cards and phone calls from friends and family.

Instead of a big party, I told her she could have a "birthday play date" with a few friends. So a few days after her birthday, her best friends Ada and Bria came over to play and enjoy some cupcakes. They had so much fun giggling and playing together. I loved eavesdropping on their silly conversations.



Elsa is happy and spunky and loud and sweet and helpful and fun. And FIVE!

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute and no matter what, you always make celebrations fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...