Friday, June 28, 2013

sunday evening stroll: firefly edition!

It rained all morning on Sunday but by the evening things had dried up and the sun was out. We ventured downtown for our sunday evening stroll. We started at the FDR Memorial (after getting a killer parking spot), one of our favorites, and then walked along the Tidal Basin to the Martin Luther King, Jr Memorial.










 Classic Amelia face when she sees my camera/phone.




 The first fireflies of the evening!




 The kids were having a ridiculous amount of fun sliding down these benches. Ben and I just enjoyed sitting and watching the kids amuse themselves.


We ended our evening in a big grassy area where fireflies were abundant. This was my favorite part of the night, running around with the kids catching fireflies and playing games. Perfect summer evening.


iphone plus hardly any light does not make a great photo. But I loved the happiness in his face.

 The fireflies never stood much of a chance in Oliver's hands.


 Playing "What Time is it Mr. Fox?"



We brought the kids' pajamas since we knew we would get home after bedtime. Oliver escaped while getting changed (first with no diaper on).

2 comments:

  1. Way to capture not just the joy of summer but the glory of DC!! I'm so glad you had this perfect summer night. Wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...