Sunday, February 3, 2008

Come on. Just one tantrum for dad?

The choice between flying with Amelia or flying by myself seemed like an obvious one. So I gladly sent Ben with Amelia and packed a very light carry-on bag for myself. But as I was running through the Chicago airport trying to find out why my connecting flight back to D.C. had been canceled and trying to make a flight that left in 2 minutes, I started to question my choice.

When I finally made it to Reagan airport and then got home and drove to the Baltimore airport to pick up Ben and Amelia (yes, our travel plans are always this complicated), this is the report I got from Ben:

"Right after we took off, I asked Amelia if she wanted to take a nap, and she said ok and closed her eyes and went to sleep for about 2 hours. When she woke up, she stared out the window for awhile and then I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie and she said ok. We got about halfway through the movie and we started to land."

I packed numerous books and snacks that were never even touched. And no messy diapers the whole time they traveled? Come on. But how do I know it wouldn't have been that easy if it was me. To be fair to Amelia, she is a pretty amazing traveler. We can drive for an hour in the car before she even makes a sound and I realize she looks bored and I offer her a book and she accepts and then reads it slowly and carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...