Yesterday we went to Bull Run Park for a picnic and a walk through the woods to see the bluebells. I had heard that there was a huge amount of bluebells there (it's said to be the largest concentration outside of Texas, although I can't confirm that). We walked to the river and discovered both sides of it to be lined with a sea of blue. It was so beautiful. The girls had fun running down the trail and looking for butterflies. I even let them get muddy and wander through the river a bit. I'm always amazed that we can find so many places with so few people, considering that we're usually stuck in traffic to get anywhere.
(White wildflowers along the way.)
It's really hard to tell in the photos, but the ground appeared to be blue everywhere.)
(Amelia discovered a LOT of fairy houses along the way.)
We checked out the bluebells today just before the rain hit. We even took a picture of the very same tree! Funny--thanks for the tip for the waterpark. I think I would have been wondering if I was going in the right direction.
So pretty. I asked Darin if we could go there on Saturday and he told me he was going to block me from seeing your posts on your blog and facebook!! I'll just go without him:)
I am always amazed at all the fun places you find! This looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWe checked out the bluebells today just before the rain hit. We even took a picture of the very same tree! Funny--thanks for the tip for the waterpark. I think I would have been wondering if I was going in the right direction.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. I asked Darin if we could go there on Saturday and he told me he was going to block me from seeing your posts on your blog and facebook!! I'll just go without him:)
ReplyDeleteSarah - We're planning a trip to DC from Baltimore on May 8. Can you email me when you get a chance? betsysquires at verizon.net
ReplyDeleteThanks! Betsy