Friday, April 2, 2010

Cherry Blossom Sunrise

I have always wanted to watch the sunrise at the Tidal Basin during the cherry blossoms. I headed down Thursday morning around 6. It turned out to be a gorgeous morning and a peak day for the blossoms. There were quite a few other photographers there, but otherwise the walking path around the tidal basin was fairly empty. I'm so glad I went down in the morning since our second visit was on Saturday and the blossoms weren't visible beyond the millions of people. It was definitely worth getting up early for. The morning colors were AMAZING.


Jefferson and the moon. I was the only one around.







































Hains Point:







7 comments:

  1. it looks like you are mastering your camera. beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! they look unearthly. maybe next year i'll attempt waking up that early...

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pictures, I have never taken anything even half as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I think I just wasted a lot of money on photography classes. I could have just had you teach me. You are seriously skilled! I am already excited to go back next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING. I started to try and write which were my favorites. I absolutely adore number eight, but they are all beautiful and frame worthy. I love the ones at Hains Pont. Probably because you introduced that area to me and it reminds me of you. Sarah, you could hold your own with any vendor at Eastern market. Love these. I love your birthday present. :D And thanks for the software referral, I'm having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...