Monday, April 12, 2010

Franciscan Monastery: Tulip Edition

Our Sunday evening outing was to the Franciscan Monastery in D.C. (I am convinced we will never run out of things to do here.) We wandered around the beautiful gardens and ended up hitting it just right for tulip season. There were SO many tulips. It was incredible. The gardens are lovely, as well as the arched walkways, and there were plenty of other blossoming trees as well.
















(The sun was hitting these tulips just right and they looked like they were on fire.)




(Blossoms were growing right on the trunk of this tree.)













3 comments:

  1. you guys really don't run out of things to do. how have i never heard of this place??

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me want to go there. If I can drag Darin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you find all this stuff? You need to write a DC tour book. Seriously...I would buy it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...