Saturday, June 22, 2013

10 years.

We had been daydreaming for a few years about what kind of trip we could take to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. And then we had a baby. Maybe an 11 year anniversary trip?

I had kind of written off doing anything for our anniversary since Simon was still so young and life still seemed kind of crazy. But Ben surprised me with a babysitter and an amazing dinner at Marcel's, a French restaurant in D.C. One of the many things we miss out on by not living near any family is access to free babysitters. Luckily we have amazing friends here who are always willing to help out and do babysitting swaps. Ben found a friend who was happily willing to come over so we could go out to dinner and celebrate a few days before our anniversary. And when I mentioned to my friend Jessica that our anniversary was coming up, she offered and then insisted that I bring the kids over so Ben and I could go out on our actual anniversary. And she has 3 kids of her own and a husband who is out of the country. A true friend.

Our dinner date at Marcel's was amazing. Especially luxurious since Ben and I hadn't been out together in a few months. We did the six course Chef's tasting menu and it was so fun to see what each course would look and taste like. The presentation of the food was beautiful and each course was delicious. And just being able to enjoy the evening without 4 kids interrupting us was delightful. 

 
 


And then Ben surprised me again with this beautiful flower delivery on our anniversary, just like the flower delivery he surprised me with on our one year anniversary trip in Shanghai. We didn't get an amazing trip like that one this year, but we have four incredible children to celebrate with now. Here's to 10 happy and adventure-filled years together and many more to come.

Engagement photo.

1 comment:

  1. I remember our ten year anniversary! We spent it in Alexandria and D.C. with you guys! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...