Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baking our way through winter.

February at last! On the other hand, it's only February?!?

We had another snow-filled weekend. We spent it in our pajamas, eating warm foods.

Amelia spent much of her time running around in her cape and hat, custom made by Kristilyn:




I sent Ben out into the snow to pick up ingredients for my soup craving. I made my mom's white chicken chili and experimented with some artisan bread. Go here for the recipes.







I also spent the weekend completing my chocolate chip cookie experiment. Go here for more photos and my winning recipe.




We ate a LOT of warm cookies over the weekend...


...and we did a LOT of puzzles.

Sadly, the weekend ended with a trip to the airport to send Ben off to Paris again. Fortunately, he'll be home just in time for the next snow storm this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. i should have color coordinated amelia's outfit a bit better. that's exciting that amelia still wears her cape. elsa's will be coming with her next birthday.

    ps. that bread looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...