Since New Year's Day was a Sunday, we decided to do our annual New Year's hike on New Year's Eve. We tried out a new trail on the Eno River. The kids got to wear their new CamelBaks from Santa. They are awesome! I no longer have to carry all the water and snacks and stop every few minutes for thirsty kids! The kids loved climbing all the rocks as usual. We need to return in the summer when we can play in the water.
We headed home and had our traditional New Year's Eve meal of appetizers. I had fun with my first attempt making a tarte soleil. I made a savory version with roasted red peppers and feta and a sweet version with nutella. We played some games and laughed pretty hard playing the "Lipless" game we got from Steph. The boys tried hard to stay up but finally passed out on the floor around 11.
On the last day of winter break I took the girls to see Moana. They usually see movies in the cheap theater so they were pretty excited about the awesome reclining seats. It was so great to have Ben home for a few weeks after a few months of LOTS of travel. The break went by way too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment